Association Serienfestival Basel
Legal form, purpose and location
Under the name of Serien Festival Basel, a non-profit association exists in accordance with the present statutes and within the meaning of Article 60 ff. of the Swiss Civil Code.
The purpose of the association:
- Organization of a series festival
- Discussions and podium discussions
- Series in public space (cinema)
The domicile of the association is in Basel. The association exists for an unlimited duration.
The institutions of the association are:
- the General Assembly;
- the Board of Directors;
- the independent auditors.
The financial means of the association consist of ordinary or extraordinary membership fees, allowances or legacies, the proceeds of the association's activities and, if applicable, subsidies from public authorities. The financial year begins on 1 January and ends on 31 December.
The fiscal year begins on 1 January and ends on 31 December.
The association's liabilities are covered by the association's assets; personal liability of members is excluded.
Membership is open to all persons and organisations that have an interest in fulfilling the purposes of the Association as stated in Art. 2.
In the context of the financial resources, the Association considers the editing / publication of an information bulletin for the members of the Association as well as for interested third parties.
The association includes:
- Individual members;
- Donor members.
Requests for membership are to be addressed to the executive committee. The Board of Directors decides on the admission of new members and informs the General Assembly accordingly.
The membership expires by:
- the leaving. However, the membership fee for the current year must be paid.
- the exclusion for «relevant reasons«.
The General Assembly is the supreme body of the Association. It consists of all members of the association.
The General Assembly is responsible for the following tasks:
- Adoption and modification of the statutes;
- Election of the board members and the independent auditors;
- Definition of the focus of the work and leadership of the association's activities;
- Approval of the reports, acceptance of the annual financial report and the budget approval;
- Decision on the discharge of the board members and the independent auditors;
- Festsetzung des jährlichen Mitgliederbeitrags für Einzel- und Kollektivmitglieder;
- Comments regarding other projects on the agenda.
The General Assembly may express itself or be invited to express its opinion on any subject which it has not entrusted to another body.
The General Assembly is chaired by the President of the Board or by another member of the Board.
Decisions of the General Assembly are taken by a simple majority of the members present. In the event of a tie, the chairman has the final casting vote.
Voting shall be by show of hands. If at least five members so request, voting shall be by secret ballot. Voting by delegation is not possible.
The Articles of Association may permit or exclude voting by delegation.
The General Assembly meets at least once a year after being convened by the Board.
The agenda of the annual (ordinary) general assembly includes:
- the report of the executive committee on the activities of the association in the past year;
- the exchange or decision on the future development of the association;
- the reports of the cashier and the independent auditors;
- the election of the board members and the independent auditors;
- other suggestions.
The Board must include on the agenda of the (ordinary or extraordinary) General Assembly any proposal submitted in writing by a member at least 10 days in advance.
An Extraordinary General Assembly shall be convened by the Board of Directors or at the request of one-fifth of the members.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is responsible for the implementation and execution of the decisions of the General Assembly. It manages the association and takes all necessary measures to achieve the purpose of the association. The Board of Directors decides on all matters that are not expressly reserved for the General Assembly.
The Board of Directors consists of at least three members, each of whom is elected for two years by the General Assembly. They can be re-elected twice. The Board of Directors constitutes itself. The Board meets as often as the business of the Association requires.
The association is bound by the collective signature of two board members.
The tasks of the Board of Directors are:
- Taking the necessary measures to achieve the purposes of the association;
- Calling ordinary and extraordinary general meetings;
- Decision on the admission and resignation as well as 'ossible exclusion of members;
- Monitoring compliance with the statutes, drawing up regulations and managing the association's assets.
The board is responsible for the financial accounting of the association.
The Board of Directors is responsible for the hiring (dismissal) of the paid and voluntary staff of the Association. Temporary contracts can be awarded by the board to all members of the association or to external parties.
The auditing staff shall examine the accounts of the Association and submit a report to the General Assembly. It consists of two auditors elected by the General Assembly.
The dissolution of the association is decided by the general assembly and requires a two-thirds majority of the members present. If the association owns active members, these will be transferred to an organization with similar purposes.
Contributions to the association of at least CHF 100 per year are deductible from direct taxes in accordance with the legal provisions. (§ 33 lit. bund § 70 lit. c StG resp. Art. 33 a DBG and Art. 59 Bst. c DBG).
The deductibility is limited upwards to 20% of the taxable income reduced by the expenses pursuant to §§ 27 - 32 StG and Art. 26 - 33 DBG or to 20% of the taxable net profit.
The membership fees are not tax deductible.
These statutes were adopted by the founding meeting on 28.2.2019.
For the Association:
|The President||Die Präsidentin|
|gez. Urs Dillier||gez. Netty Fabian|
The representatives of the association (generally the president and another member of the board)